4.13.2012

first skate

Lena's daycare had a skate-a-thon tonight to raise money for scholarships for kids from low-income families in Hartford.  Lena had a really good time at the event - seeing her teachers and friends, meeting her friends' parents, watching the skaters.  Jay participated in the skating (thanks for contributing!) and had talked about skating Lena around but I was too nervous people would think we were bad parents for doing it.  Then, however, we saw another father skating around with a baby so we decided it would be okay.  And once Jay started skating around with her, I realized I was silly for being afraid because he really is a good skater.  We're not quite sure what Lena thought.  She didn't get upset and she didn't smile - just sort of acted like she usually does when she experiences something new - just stays quiet and observes.


No comments:

Post a Comment