You are now two months old. Your favorite past time continues to be sleeping. At night, you'll typically sleep from 8:30-9 to 7:30-8 with a two or three quick feedings in between, take a short morning nap, take a long afternoon nap that can last up to five hours, and then take another one or two short naps in the evening. During your long nap, you often wake up and cry off and on until I finally give in and move you to our bed where I lay beside you and nap too, which I enjoy just as much as you do.
When you are up, you are a little more active now. You smile. There are hints of a laugh beginning to develop. Your favorite thing is to be positioned in front of someone's face and just look at each other for long periods of time and make noises and sounds and gestures back and forth. You are quite the babbler. You also have started to enjoy the activity mat more. We finally ungloved you after spending almost the first eight weeks of your life in mittens. Your face has taken a beating but you're gaining a better sense of your hands now.
You are such an easy baby, it's impressive. In the first month of your life, you had some moments of fussiness but you really are not fussy at all now. Your cries are quick and fleeting. As I mentioned, you sleep so much so keeping you entertained is not draining as it was with Lena. You're just very content with life.
We went to the doctor today and you received four vaccines. You handled them quite well though you're rather annoyed about them now that some hours have passed.
Height: 23.25 inches (50-75%)
Weight: 12 lbs 7 oz (50-75%)
I am really loving this maternity leave. I am handling it so much better than I did with Lena. I know much of it has to do with you being easier and sleeping so much, but I'd like to think that I've grown a knack for this motherhood thing.
by comparison - Lena's second month
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment