11.21.2012

ethan leo tyre

On November 16, 2012, Tara, Michael, and Elodie welcomed Ethan Leo Tyre into the world.  Ethan is our first nephew as Jay and I have only nieces on both sides.  Arguably, his birth couldn't quite compare to the birth of Elodie since she was the very first and it was a new experience for all of us.  I wasn't able to be in the waiting room like with Elodie and so I have no firsthand story of what it was like.  I've been told that while wonderful, nothing of course can really compare to the very first.

However, what was different at least for me with Ethan and what made it even more exciting in certain respects than Elodie was that I knew what it was like to experience it - the empowerment of carrying them in you for nine months, the anxiety of wondering how the birthing would go and whether they would be healthy, and the joy of meeting your creation for the first time.  And so when Tara went to the hospital to welcome Ethan, I felt it from two hours away and it meant even more to me this time when I heard news that he arrived in good health.

Welcome, Ethan!  We are happy to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment