2.19.2012

coolidge corner visit

This weekend, we traveled to Boston and more specifically to Coolidge Corner, Brookline, to celebrate our upcoming one year wedding anniversary.  This was Lena's first time crossing state borders.  It was also her first time staying in a hotel.

hotel fun

Lena did great.  She slept for most of the car ride there and back.  She didn't mind listening to Mommy and Daddy reminisce.  She even tolerated a quick breakfast in the hotel lobby.

lobby fun

Almost eight years ago, Jay and I met when I was a second year in law school and he was a third year in dental school and we lived in the same building.

Our building - 158 St. Paul St.

We first met when we ran into each other in the building but it was at our local Starbucks where we would both frequently study that we got to know each other.

Coolidge Starbucks welcomes Lena Leung.

And it was at this Starbucks that Jay more or less asked me on our first date when we decided to catch a movie across the street at the Coolidge Corner theater.  The movie was Donnie Darko and all I remember is that Jay borrowed my rain jacket and draped it over himself because he was cold and I thought it was weird because the jacket was really thin.

theater fun

How bizarre and wonderful it was to be back in this neighborhood married and with our baby.  I don't believe in soul mates as I think most of us can be happy with lots of people on this earth.  But I'm certainly happy I ended up with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment