6.09.2013

strawberry picking

This morning, Lena and I met up with Auntie Tara, Elodie, and Ethan to go strawberry picking at Lyman Orchards.


I had envisioned it going something like this, with the girls calmly picking only the reddest of strawberries and placing them in the green cartons...



But it really went more like this...


The girls were either running around (not always on the path but over the plants too) or sitting (sometimes right on the plants) eating strawberries.  As the morning progressed, their clothes and faces were more and more covered in strawberry juice.  They understood the concept of picking the strawberries and putting them in the cartons, but they much preferred to eat them.  For a while Tara and I kept picking but our cartons never grew fuller because their little hands kept on grabbing.






It grew a little hot and the line to pay was a little long, but all in all, everyone had a great time.  Ethan too.



No comments:

Post a Comment